LearnBoost welcomes Amphitheater High School
Amphitheater High School, also known as Amphi High, is a public high school, located in central Tucson, Arizona, United States. Amphi is the flagship high school of Amphitheater Public Schools of Tucson, and serves grades 9–12. The school mascot is the panther, and the school colors are kelly green and white. Amphi opened in 1939 as the second high school in Tucson, and has a student enrollment of 1,498.
In addition to winning the state title in '75 and then again in '79, Amphi ranks at the top of their division. Vern Friedli currently coaches the team, and has the most varsity football wins in the state of Arizona. At the end of the 08-09 season, he captured his 317th win.
Amphi is well-known for its energetic and enthusiastic quarterly pep assemblies. Run by Amphi's student council, the pep assemblies draw large audiences including students from a host of other high schools in Tucson, who come to adopt ideas and concepts for their own schools' events.
- Amphitheater Middle School
- Coronado K-8 School
- E C Nash School
- Frances Owen Holaway Elementary School
- Helen Keeling Elementary School
- Mesa Verde Elementary School
- Painted Sky Elementary School
- Richard B Wilson Jr School
- Rio Vista Elementary School
- Canyon Del Oro High School
- Copper Creek Elementary School
- Ironwood Ridge High School
- L M Prince School
- La Cima Middle School
- Lawrence W Cross Middle School
- Lulu Walker School
- Marion Donaldson Elementary School
- Rillito Center
- Winifred Harelson Elementary School