LearnBoost welcomes Lincoln High School
For schools of the same name, see Lincoln High School.
Lincoln High School is public secondary school located in south Dallas, Texas (USA). Lincoln High School enrolls students in grades 9-12 and is a part of the Dallas Independent School District. The structure is a Dallas Landmark.
Lincoln also has a magnet school called the Humanities/Communications Magnet High School, which offers clusters of Radio/Television/Film, Print Journalism and Humanities. The High School's motto is to maintain the mark of excellence. The school has a variety of activities including Academic Decathlon, Debate, U.I.L. One Act Play, The Wall Of Sound Marching Band, and sports such as basketball, football, etc. The school has won nationals in basketball and dance. The original building was built in 1939. In 1980 the new Lincoln High School was built in front of the old Lincoln, now called the Annex.
As of 2007, the following elementary schools feed into Lincoln:
- Ah Watwood Elementary School
- Bb Comer Memorial Elementary School
- Bb Comer Memorial High School
- Charles R Drew Middle School
- Childersburg Elementary School
- Childersburg Middle School
- Fayetteville High School
- Stemley Road Elementary School
- Sycamore School
- Talladega Co Central High
- Talladega Co Genesis School
- Winterboro High School
- Lincoln Elementary School
- Childersburg High School
- Munford Elementary School
- Munford High School
- Munford Middle School