LearnBoost welcomes Northview High School
Northview High School is a public co-educational institution encompassing 9th-12th grades. The high school is located in the southeastern portion of the state of Alabama in Dothan, Alabama and has the 36th largest high school student population in Alabama. The school won two football state titles during the 1980s.
In 2002, former University of Alabama head football coach Mike DuBose took over as head football coach at Northview High School. He had previously been named Southeastern Conference Coach of the Year for the Crimson Tide before poor seasons and personal controversy caused his firing in 2000. Dothan City school board members voted to hire DuBose, who came in with a wave of publicity and high expectations. However, the Cougars finished with an 0-10 record for the season and DuBose was gone at the end of the year.
This was part of a tumultuous period for Northview football, which saw 39 consecutive losses from 2000-2004. The team had won the Alabama State Playoff Championships in both 1981 and 1985, and made it to the playoffs 5 times during the 1990s.
Northview High School also offers a wide variety of clubs including, but not limited to:
- Beverlye Middle School
- Carver Magnet Sch For Math Sci And Tech
- Child Count Only
- Cloverdale Elementary School
- Dothan High School
- Dothan Tech Ctr
- Girard Elementary School
- Girard Middle School
- Grandview Elementary School
- Heard Elementary School
- Hidden Lake Elementary School
- Highlands Elementary School
- Honeysuckle Middle School
- Jerry Lee Faine Elementary School
- Kelly Springs Elementary School
- Landmark Elementary School
- Montana Street Acadc Magnet School
- P.A.S.S. Acad
- Selma Street Elementary School